cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

User-defined parameter in notes in format

PierrePatenaude
3-Visitor

User-defined parameter in notes in format

I want to place user defined parameters in notes, which are placed in a drawing format file. The user defined parameters are set in part and assembly files. When I create a drawing with that format, the user defined parameter, located in a note, don't show its value. Instead it shows the parameters name.

In that same drawing with that same format, the user defined parameters that are placed in tables are working fine - they show the parameter values.

In that same drawing with that same format, the system parameters that are placed in notes are working fine - they show the parameter values.

I have tried reloading the format in the drawing and that doesn't change anything.

I have tried adding ":mdl" at the end of the parameter value placed in the note and that doesn't change anything.

Is it possible that user defined parameters in notes, in a format files don't work?

We are on Creo 2.0. We don't have Windchill.

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

They have to be in a table to show on a drawing.

I wish they would show on the drawing without being in a table, too.

You can kind of fake it by making a table with a 0.00000001 inch cell.  But really, what you ought to do here is have this note in a drawing template, not a format.  The idea of format is that it is the same (except the tables, which are copied over) in the format and the drawing.

Alternatively, you could conceivably make a use case for designating certain notes on the format to be copied over to the drawing like tables are, and propose that.  Be sure to point out why the standard approach 'using a drawing template for that' wouldn't work well for your case.

Placing the notes in the format prevents the user from moving them around. In a drawing template the notes can be edited and moved.

So I understand that this is a Creo limitation and the workaround is to place the notes in the drawing template instead of placing them on the format.

But it still remain a mystery to me why this works for the system parameter and not for the user-defined parameters.

‌Because user defined parameters contained in a model are not present in the format the text you enter, &parameter_name, gets automatically converted to plain text so the formatting isn't kept. With a template a model is usually associated with it. Tables and repeat regions in a table keep the text formatting.

Top Tags