cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

VSS With Trajpar

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

VSS With Trajpar

Creo 2, M120

I have a VSS where I need the value of one radius to vary along the sweep from a large vaue (X) at the start to a much smaller one (Y) at half way back to (X) at the end.  Can I do this with a relation and trajpar?  If needed, I could split it into 2 sweeps where one went from X to Y and the next from Y to X.

Thanks,

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
5 REPLIES 5

You can do this evalgraph(c,n) as well... more intuitive.

A sine or cosine function will do this. Cosine starts at "1" sweeps to -1 and back to 1. Of course, a wave form.

To use a cosine, you need a location from 0-(multiples) of 360 degrees. In other words, at 0 degrees, the value is 1; at 90 degrees, the value is 0; at 180 degrees, the value is -1; and at 360 degrees, it is again 1.

The full length of the trajectory in this case is "360" rather "1".

What is confusing in your statement is that the R is different in X and Y. This sounds more like an ellipse

Some interesting reading...

Tutorial: Wave Washers w/ Radial Pattern

Cosine Calculator

Dynamic Sketches - VSS Discussion

The X and Y are the large & small values of the radius, not coordinates. 😄

--
LinkedIn

Aha, in mathcad terms that wouold be A and B (lower case of course)

Did the references help or do you still need some guidance?

A quick napkin sketch would help.

I'm not sure.  I got through my emergency without having to try it out.  I'm on to other panics, I'll have to come back to that in a few days.

--
LinkedIn

Anytime

Top Tags