cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

VSS section

BHOoi
15-Moonstone

VSS section

Hi, I am trying to create a simple spiral geometry using variable-section sweep. Surprisingly it failed to sweep in my first attempt  and I failed to figure out why. It only worked after i changed the dimension scheme, as shown below. I don't understand the logic. In fact, the sweep always fail each time i have a more complex section. Anyone experienced this before and can advise what is the best way to work around it? Thankssweep.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
Constantin
13-Aquamarine
(To:BHOoi)

Hi BH OOI,

I did not look at your part. At first sight I do not see anything wrong with the first sketch.
One way to test this would be to change the dimension in the sketcher dynamically (after disabling the relation) and see what happens.

I just tested it and the line flips from inside the deminesion to outside the dimension.
'Why' is written on a different page...

P.S. Ah, found it. The infinete (angled) centerline is the evil one. Simply delete it. The sketch can then be rotated without problems.

Again, the 'Why' is written on a different page...

BHOoi
15-Moonstone
(To:Constantin)

Thanks, Constantin. Yes, the centerline is the culprit. where is the page for 'why'?

For more complex sections, such as the drill bit model shown below. How to avoid the similar failure in sweep?

DB03TT.jpg

Top Tags