cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Variable Chamfer/ swept blend tool help

tbrien
1-Newbie

Variable Chamfer/ swept blend tool help

Hi everyone,

I am wanting to do a variable chamfer but I don't think Creo has that feature as yet.

So I have tried to use the swept blend tool instead. However it's not following the path I want. I want the section sketches to follow the edge of the part.

Picture below shows three sketches and path

How do Stop the cut from curving away?

If it's possible to used the chamfer tool it would make life a lot easier.

Bracket chamfer-1.JPGBracket chamfer-2.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I try to get smartest chamfer with less control curves. Try to see if it can be useful

Cattura.PNG

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

It's better for me if you post the part and we can work on it.

Chamfer variable on a edge doesn't exist in Creo, but you can do multiple sets of chamfer feature in order to change value changing edges.Cattura.PNG

Hi Mauro,

How do I upload cad file on this forum, I see you can upload pictures and movies but no files. Maybe I'm missing something here?

regards

Tom

After pressing REPLY to a message, go to ADVANCED EDITOR.

There in the right corner above you find ATTACH bottom.

Please find model attached Mauro.

I try to get smartest chamfer with less control curves. Try to see if it can be useful

Cattura.PNG

Hi Mauro,

Thanks for your help Mauro and answering my question. looks great!!

Tom

Top Tags