cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Visibility "Save Status" greyed out after hidding a part

EB_9668075
2-Guest

Visibility "Save Status" greyed out after hidding a part

I have an issue with Creo Parametric 11 - Once I hide a part, there is no way for me to save the visibility status. Take the following steps as an example:
  1. Open assembly with 2 parts
  2. Hide 1 part
  3. Attempt to save ("save part" works, but "save (visibility) status" is greyed out)
    1. Further info: Once I hide parts, I can see them under the "Hidden items" under the layer tree, yet I still cannot "save status".
  4. Close part (Including erase not displayed, close creo, etc.)
  5. Reopen part. (Once the part is reopened the hidden part is no longer hidden.)
I used to do this on Creo 7 constantly. Has this changed? Is there another way to do this now with the visibility/layer tree status? I do not want to use simplified reps, because I want to hide many parts quickly and then go back to my original view by using a "reset status" mapkey. Simplified reps take too much time (or too many clicks per part rather than hide), especially on large assemblies.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for the quick replies! Given that it worked for both of you I dug into the config files and found the culprit: "save_hidden_items_w_status" was set to "no". Turning it to "yes" solved it.

I thought I had searched pretty in depth through there, but I'm glad I finally found it after struggling for so long. Thanks again!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

FYI in Creo 11.0.0.0 I am able to save layer status. Unfortunately I do not have any idea why you cannot do this.

EDIT: I used your test_asm.asm.

Martin Hanák
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:EB_9668075)

I tested on creo 11 on your assy and one of mine and I seems to work as expected on mine.

StephenW_0-1723542784471.png

Thank you for the quick replies! Given that it worked for both of you I dug into the config files and found the culprit: "save_hidden_items_w_status" was set to "no". Turning it to "yes" solved it.

I thought I had searched pretty in depth through there, but I'm glad I finally found it after struggling for so long. Thanks again!

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags