cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

WF4 MDX animation of a "Roll-Up Window Blind"

jvisin
1-Newbie

WF4 MDX animation of a "Roll-Up Window Blind"

I'm trying to simulate/animate a mechanism that represents something simular to a fabric roll-up window blind. I've attached a small video that show my approach using a cam follower and what you will see is that the connection seams to jump off the surface at one point over to another. If I could get this to work I could attach slats to represent the fabric. Ideally, if I could use a surface some how to represent the fabric... this would be better. If someone has a better approach (which I'm sure's one), I would appreciate any/all help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Try using a slot rather than a cam. I've found them more stable whgen I don't need lift off or dynamics.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Try using a slot rather than a cam. I've found them more stable whgen I don't need lift off or dynamics.

Something like this? The spiral datum curve is the Ground body; the "lever" is the Motor; and the puck uses 2 Slot constraints and a Planar constraint. This just happened to be what I was working on this post: MDX Linked Chain Model ... the video in the link will help with defining the Slot.

Video Link : 3986

Arrrgggg... the forum kept spitting out the upload.

Thanks A Lot... the 3 constraints did it...

Thanks... the slot work fine !!!

Top Tags