cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

WF5 - Detailing Drawings - Show/Erase

PhilJarvis
1-Newbie

WF5 - Detailing Drawings - Show/Erase

Hi All

I've noticed that between WF4 and WF5 detailing your drawings has changed quite profoundly. Most of this is easy enough to figure out however the engineers here are complaining that the 'Show /Erase' functionality for driving dimensions and other annotations (e.g. axes, etc) does not behave as it did.

For instance, imagine you create a new drawing, show a new view and then and show its dimensions, but then erase one by mistake. For some reason we can't figure out how to show this erased dimension again!

This was never a problem in WF4. The same also applies to axes for features and other annotations.

It isn't good practise just to create these dimensions/features but I worry that the engineers here will begin doing this unless we fix the problem.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Phil

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Only deleted or never shown items will show in the Show (no longer Show/ Erase) dialog box. You now need to look under the appropriate view in the drawing tree,select the annotations node, and select the items and unhide them using the right mouse menu.

Hi Kevin

Thanks for your reply. I think I preferred the old system if I am honest, but will persevere!

It is a shame there doesn't seem to be a config option to adjust this.

Cheers

Phil

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst
(To:Kevin)

Hi Kevin,

i know this an old post, but i'm experiencing this problem right now. I deleted a drawing view because it was no longer required, but it had a few dimensions attached to it. Now i want to show these dimensions on one of the remaining views & cannot. They appear to have disappeared off the face of the earth, they are not under any of the annotation tabs of the remaining views (greyed out or otherwise). If i show annotations for that particular feature with the missing dimensions, nothing. Reading through some similar posts, i read something about the M60 date code, but it was a little unclear, was this an issue that was fixed in M70? do you know? Sorry for coming to you like this but you are obviously clued up on this subject, & this is not the first time i have encountered this problem.

Kind Regards

John

I've heard of several issues being in M060 that were fixed in M070 but haven't had the trouble others have had with M060. It may just be I can't reproduce what the issue is. Two thoughts initially come to mind the dimensions may have been draft dimensions or it may just be the selection of the feature. I've noticed in some instances the only way to get certain dimensions to show is to select items in the model tree. For instance sometimes certain pattern dimensions will not show when you select the feature in the graphics area or drawing tree but selecting the pattern in the model tree will cause those dimensions to show. One of the things to get use to is the fact that you have three locations you can select from to get items to show. Some other issues show up with ordinate dimensions.

I did finally reproduce what you're seeing. I thought I didn't have the issue before but I must have been doing something different. I don't have a way to try the option posted in response to another of your posts related to this so I can't say if it works or not.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags