cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Want to show chamfer diamension in drawing separately which is created along with Threaded hole i.e. 2X45

SandeepKadam07
12-Amethyst

Want to show chamfer diamension in drawing separately which is created along with Threaded hole i.e. 2X45

Want to show chamfer diamension in drawing separately which is created along with Threaded hole i.e. 2X45.

I have created a chamfer to threaded hole in same hole feature. I want to show it in drawing separately.

Is is possible to call it in drawing?

Thanks

Sandeep

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sandeep,

With a threaded hole, it is usually defined as countersink diameter x angle otherwise, how would one define where to start and how to measure this feature?

Is this starting at the drill diameter or the minor diameter?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Sandeep,

With a threaded hole, it is usually defined as countersink diameter x angle otherwise, how would one define where to start and how to measure this feature?

Is this starting at the drill diameter or the minor diameter?

Actually at the time of machining, We need chamfer depth and chamfer angle i.e. 45 degree or 30 degree to show on drawing as no one will measure countersunk diameter.

Simply, We need to call countersunk feature dimensions on drawing and they should appear as normal chamfer dimensions.

I agree with Ron, the 'chamfer' on a threaded hole is a countersink and can be called out as part of the hole note.

Can you post an image of what you want to do that is different than the countersink note?

Top Tags