cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Web Tool Spline Designer

Model_1975
10-Marble

Web Tool Spline Designer

Hello,

I am trying to export a model so that it will be shown correct in a web 3D viewer tool. This marketing tool is called "Spline.Design" and opens the possibility to show a 3D Model on a website like other tools can do too - nothing special. 

The formats GLTF, STL, FBX, OBJ are possible to import / use with the tool. Unfortunately the colors which I can see in creo will not be shown in this web tool. I want to understand if this is a problem of the tool or my process by exporting the model to one of those formats. To exclude one half of the possibilities I would like to show you my export process so you could inspect the process / steps.

I am exporting assemblies (.asm):

- File - Save as - Save copy

- The "save copy" window opens.

- I define a new file name and choose the right type, in this case wavefront (.obj)

- the wavefront export settings I dont change:

Model_1975_0-1718284645902.png

- the wavefront export window opens. I choose the coordinate system of the assembly to define the export. Sometimes (not this time) the String height, Angle control and / or Step size I change but this should't change the colours.

Model_1975_3-1718285757564.png

- I press "apply" and "ok"

After this process, I find the .obj and the .mtl file in the save path.

So, would you be so kind and check my export process, please and tell me, if there is something wrong.

Maybe .obj isn't the right format but I spoke to one user from the tool and he said he uses .obj from other sources and it works fine. He even can change the colours from the model in the tool...

thanks in advance for support.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Dale_Rosema 

thanks for your response. I also searched again and found this article:

Article - CS213884 - Is it possible to import or export the color data with .obj file in Creo Parametric? (ptc.com)

With this info I can close the whole topic.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello,

maybe I am in the wrong area of the forum. If so, please tell me.

My main topic stays - I want to know how to export the colours with the model (maybe I already "know" it and its a problem of the web tool).

Thanks in advance.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Model_1975)

I found this post from a search:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/3D-Part-Assembly-Design/Color-loss-occured-when-I-export-my-design-to-WaveFront-obj-file/m-p/29850

Not sure if things have changed since then.

Hello @Dale_Rosema 

thanks for your response. I also searched again and found this article:

Article - CS213884 - Is it possible to import or export the color data with .obj file in Creo Parametric? (ptc.com)

With this info I can close the whole topic.

Hello,

Thanks for making my work a lot easier.

Best Regard

my ford benefits

Top Tags