cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Weird drawing problem. %^#$#$%@$#!!!!!

DELETEME
1-Newbie

Weird drawing problem. %^#$#$%@$#!!!!!

Ok, I have an assembly model and a section thru it. I want to show that section in a drawing view, but it flat refuses to section the view. this is an existing drawing, and I tried adding another view, no luck. I created a new dwg as a test, no luck. The assembly sections work fine, both with visibility and cutting it. Now, the weird thing is, the section works in the view......if I chek the "Model edge visibility as "area"". So, what I had to do, using both the Pro/FANITY and Pro/WORKAROUND modules, was overlay one view done like that on top of the other view and aligned it in one direction. Not perfect as it'll be a pain downstream, and there are lines intersecting where they shouldn't, but close enough. One thing I thought of, is that there's a part that uses a lot or merge-cutouts from the assembly to show the concrete around rebar etc., so I thought that might be causing a problem. But, I suppressed the model in the assembly, and it still didn't work. Has anyone seen this? Thanks!
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6
pjg
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:DELETEME)

Hi. Strange.... - but maybe try offset section and then extend the section sketch in both end so you are sure it is outside the whole assembly. Otherwise I don’t have any ideas. Good luck
WillyC
1-Newbie
(To:pjg)

I used to have this exact problem in ProE 2001 every so often. Definitely more than once and definitely very frustrating. I think what I came up with was sketching an offset cross-section and shifting the line very slightly from the desired location. For example, if you mean to intersect a round component at its centerline, then you would deliberately sketch off center. The distance can then be tinkered with to test your results. I don't know if you can apply this to your particular assembly, but now you know you are not alone. ;D The cutouts might indeed be the problem. I've used cutouts occasionally as a shortcut in mold design and the downstream ramifications were not always predictable. Hope this helps a little, Will

Is your section plane is excacly on a face sometimes the section may or may not go. Just adjust the section plane by .001 or even .0001 of an inch and it may work. Also, if there are interfering parts that might cause some problems also. You might have to adjust them to get clearance. I have wires and cables that cause some issue with contacting components. Hope this helps

In an offset section if the "cut lines" do not extend past the geometry your section will fail.

"C M" wrote:

Using both the Pro/FANITY and Pro/WORKAROUND modules

This is C_M. I tried to suppress all the cutouts, but no go. But, the "fix" I outlined above had to be done to get the dwg out. Ugly workaround, but......
Top Tags