cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Which mouse is good and comptimbale for using pro_E?

visu
1-Newbie

Which mouse is good and comptimbale for using pro_E?

HI guys

Please say which mouse supports for pro-e good?

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-pointers/mice/performance-mouse-mx

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-pointers/mice/g600-mmo-gaming-mouse

and refer which works good for design?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
pimm
14-Alexandrite
(To:visu)

In our Engineering group we like the Logitech M570.

We like a trackball for rotating objects, and we don't have to me constantly moving the mouse. It takes a little getting used to, but we've converted the CAM department to this style of mouse as well.

Microsoft stopped making their trackball mouse which we liked a lot, but we like the M570 much better. This is wireless and the action is very smooth.

We also like the 2 extra keys that can be used for special hot keys.

mbrehmer
6-Contributor

Logitech G500 is my mouse of choice

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine

Has anyone tested 3D Mouse like those ones => http://www.3dconnexion.com/buy/shop.html

Yes, the 3D Connexion Space Navigator is very useful. You still need an ordinary mouse, though. The Space Navigator is an add-on, not a replacement.

On another note, does anyone have any suggestions for a wired trackball? I currently use a Logitech Trackman, but there are rumblings that nothing cordless will be allowed here in the future. I can only see the Logitect Marble thing, which looks pretty poor to me. I am used to using my thumb to move the cursor, I don't want to use my fingers.

Yes, any of the 3D mouses is very useful. Well, I got the first only a few weeks ago and I must say that it takes a few days to get use to it. You use the 3D mouse for better orientation (smooth, faster). I would describe this as a "potentiometer". So, if you ask me is it better to have a 3D mouse or not - it is the same if you ask me if it is better to have a light switch on/off or with potentiometer - it depends what do you like and what do you need. The other thing is that 3D mouse actually replaces the need for the keyboard (you use it with your left hand - ofcourse this is if a I assume that you are right handed). So you can use it in 2D also as well as in other CAD software and some other software (you should check this on web).

So, if you plan to buy a 3D mouse, I would suggest to buy the best one on the market - with the most keys on it. I'm using the 3D Connexion Space Explorer and I must say that I'm a few keys short.

Aha, one more thing - the most beautiful thing on this mouse to me is the fast orientation keys! F.E. if you press the "L" key - you automatically get the left view. Very nice!

Top Tags