cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Wildfire 5 or CREO draft analysis color transfer to model

DavidSurridge
1-Newbie

Wildfire 5 or CREO draft analysis color transfer to model

I'm working in Wildfire 5 or CREO. Is there a quick way to transfer the resulting colors of a draft analysis permanently to a model for purposes of graphically showing parting lines? Looking for methods other than manually changing the colors of the various surfaces.

Thanks,

David Surridge

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

If you save the draft analysis, it will continue to display. You can turn this on and off with the Saved Analysis dialog.

My apologies. Should have explained myself better. I know that I can save a draft analysis as you describe. Ultimately, what I'm trying to do though is create a 3D PDF that shows the draft analysis. This would be good for sharing with customers without PROE to show parting line. However, the draft analysis colors will not transfer through to the 3D PDF. The only thing that goes through is the color that has actually been assigned to the surfaces...thus my question. Is there a way to easily assign the draft analysis colors to the appropriate surfaces? Any suggestions are appreciated.

David

Sorry, I don't know of any way to make it a 3D PDF. Not even assigned surface colors or textures are translated.

You could do a 2D pdf save-as and combine pages with the analysis appearing of the different views you want.

I haven't found or heard of a good solution to this. Evidently, this is something Solidworks can do without too much difficulty. We've found that functionality of Solidworks to be useful. Too bad CREO can't do it.

Top Tags