cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Word Wrap Parameter Driven Text in Table Cells

lsrutkowski
1-Newbie

Word Wrap Parameter Driven Text in Table Cells

What I would like to do is be able to word-wrap the text in a table cell (specifically, the description for our title blocks).

Currently, we use the Common Name field of our drawing to drive our description, which usually works well as we keep it restrcited to 60 characters and this prevents the "runaway description". That said, once you extend past 30-40 characters, the text in our title block becomes almost unreadable if you shrink it down to fit the full description in one line.

What I am trying to avoid is having to write up a program that (1) reads in the description paramter, (2) counts the characters, (3) finds character 32, (4) rolls back to the previous space, (5) truncates the first part to a new description1 parameter, then (6) fills the remainder into a description2 paramter, and finally (7) calls description1 for the first line of the description cell and calls description2 for line 2 of the cell. I could probably do this, but I would rather not if there is an easier way.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:lsrutkowski)

This can happen automatically now in Creo Parametric 3. All you have to do it right click on the table cell and choose "Wrap Text". It will automatically increase the row height and wrap to whatever column width you have. If you adjust the width of the column, the wrapping will automatically adjust.

wrap_text.PNG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomU
23-Emerald IV

This can happen automatically now in Creo Parametric 3. All you have to do it right click on the table cell and choose "Wrap Text". It will automatically increase the row height and wrap to whatever column width you have. If you adjust the width of the column, the wrapping will automatically adjust.

wrap_text.PNG

Tom,

Thanks for the quick response. Confirmed this works in Creo 2.0 as well (datecode m130, anyway).

I just recently moved to Creo 2 from Wildfire 4.0. Under WF Wrap Text would try to wrap the parameter text, not the value of the parameter. Good to know that this works now.

Now to update all of the formats.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

You might want to test this thoroughly first. The auto row height adjustment may not be conducive to formats. I don't know if you can prevent it from happening.

Top Tags