cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

accuracy when exporting surfaces?

TobiasLarsson
8-Gravel

accuracy when exporting surfaces?

1. I would like to know how accurate an exported surface are compared to the original surface. Lets say i export an Iges or Step , and when i compare it (by measure) with the original,will I be able tofind any difference? (even if its 0.001mm , i would like to know it). And if so, Is there some place i can specify the maximun deviation for exports in pro/E?

2.Will the result of the deviation on the export be different for all programs that i import in? (like sw ,alias, rhino...)

3. How does it work whenI export surfaces? Does Pro/E make some kind of mathematical function of the surf, and then export it? Or are Step/iges intelligent enough to know bezier and so on?

//Tobias Larsson

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags