cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

afx equipments autonumbering and custom relation/parameters

AndreaC
6-Contributor

afx equipments autonumbering and custom relation/parameters

Dear all,

I'm on Creo 8.0.10.0 connected to WNC 12.0.2.10 and I'm configuring some custom AFX  profiles/connectors and equipments.

With the first try with profiles I get the expected result, selecting the custom profile it will  take the autonumbering from windchill and also all parameter from start_mdl.cfg and relations from param_relations.txt.

Then I tried to configure an equipment and i'm not able to have at the same time the autonumbering and the parameter populated correctly.

In the customization\parts\equipment i've filtered out the equipments I dont want to see and then added to the correct subfolder the sel_list.txt to change the endcap_square from part_copy to part, in this way I'm having all the attribute/relations copied to the selected equipment but i'm not able to get the autonumbering and the part will remain with original name.

To the other side if I keep the sel_list as it is, I receive the correct renumbering from Windchill but the equipment is not containing parameter/relations I want to add to it.

Regards

A

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @AndreaC ,

okay so the issue is the combination of your afx_options. You set REMOVE_PROFILE_FILES_AFTER_ASSEMBLY to NO. That means, that all created elements end up in the workspace. AFX then thinks the element comes from Windchill and does not add start_mdl config. 

In order to fix that you will need to set advanced option: DO_NOT_ADD_BOM_INFO_TO_PDM_OBJECTS to NO.

Greetings Sam

Samuel Brantner
B&W Software GmbH

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Hi @AndreaC ,

did you also put a element_name.txt file in the connector/equipment directories?

See documentation:

https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r11.0/usascii/#page/advanced_framework/To_Define_a_Component_Naming_Scheme.html

Also I do not understand why you want to change from part_copy to part. In that case the files are typically not renamed.

Greetings Sam

Samuel Brantner
B&W Software GmbH

@SamuelBrantner wrote:

did you also put a element_name.txt file in the connector/equipment directories

Yes, I did

@SamuelBrantner wrote:

Also I do not understand why you want to change from part_copy to part. In that case the files are typically not renamed.

I was just trying to find a solution to my problem.

If I keep "part_copy" any customization is applied to the equipment, like all start_mdl.cfg or any param_relations,txt.

AndreaC_0-1716892457792.png

Using "part" it get the correct values of all of them as expected but in that case the internal name is used and unfortunately if I would apply the same equipment with different values it will impact all the other that have been created starting from the same object in the library.

I dont know if there is a bug in the application.

Regards

A

Okay so you want to have part_copy, but you don't want to have the start_mdl.cfg applied? 
The param_relations you can change for each element so that should not be an issue. 

You can try to add integer parameter BUW_BOM_INFO_CREATED = 1 to the template. That should prevent AFX from adding start_mdl.cfg to the element.

Samuel Brantner
B&W Software GmbH

maybe I'm not able to explain myself correctly.

I would all of the customization I'm able to apply to the profiles:

- windchill_autonumbering (from element_name.txt)

- start_mdl.mfg

- param_relations.txt

- param_relations_post_regen.txt

I'm not able to get all of them at the same time

okay so you DO want all the files to be applied to your model, correct?

In that case it should work. Maybe your relations file is incorrect. Can you try to copy and paste the specific param_relations.txt content into one of your models and see if it gives any errors? In that case the file will not be applied.

Also you can check if the parameters are created that you add in your start_mdl.cfg.

Samuel Brantner
B&W Software GmbH

Good Morning Samuel,

I've prepared a setup to show you the problem. To use it apply the AFX_USER_CONFIG_PATH=C:\ptc\AFX\configuration

If connected to windchill you should have the autonumbering but not the addition of parameter TEST_RELATION as defined in the start_mdl.cfg and its value TEST as defined by param_relations.txt

Regards

Andrea

Hi @AndreaC ,

okay so the issue is the combination of your afx_options. You set REMOVE_PROFILE_FILES_AFTER_ASSEMBLY to NO. That means, that all created elements end up in the workspace. AFX then thinks the element comes from Windchill and does not add start_mdl config. 

In order to fix that you will need to set advanced option: DO_NOT_ADD_BOM_INFO_TO_PDM_OBJECTS to NO.

Greetings Sam

Samuel Brantner
B&W Software GmbH

Thank you Samulel,

I've made that change and it is working as expecting. Afeter that we tried to do a step ahead, add a custom branch in the afx equipment library adding a code coming from Windchill using both

ENV=FOR_INTRALINK_33=YES
ENV=LOAD_COPY_COMPONENTS_FROM_INTRALINK=YES

Creo is able to add the component to my assembly but it is modifying some PDM attributes:

AndreaC_0-1717410552731.png

Do you have some tips?

Thank you

Hi @AndreaC ,

once again I am not sure what you are trying to do. 

In case you are trying to check in the afx library components into windchill: This is currently not supported!

You are trying to set environment variables: ENV=FOR_INTRALINK_33=YES, ENV=LOAD_COPY_COMPONENTS_FROM_INTRALINK=YES.

Those are NOT environment variables that AFX checks. FOR_INTRALINK_33 was removed since AFX 4.0 I think

LOAD_COPY_COMPONENTS_FROM_INTRALINK is a hidden AFX option that will try to load models that are to be copied from Windchill, but this is very customer specific and should generally also not be used. That is probably also why you see the version PDMREV in your screenshot is different.

Please clarify if there are any misunderstandings.

I hope this helps

Samuel Brantner
B&W Software GmbH

thank you for your help

Andrea

Top Tags