cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

anybody using PTC Creo 5.0?

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine

20 REPLIES 20
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:rohit_rajan)

There haven't been 5 or 6 builds released yet to even test it!

It was only put out on the web for download on Monday.

Note the new naming scheme for Creo versions/builds.

This is release: 5.0.0.0.

Next release should be 5.0.1.0.

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:BenLoosli)

Do you see it in the download center? It doesn't show up for me.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Chris3)

Capture.JPG

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:Chris3)

It doesn't show up for me either. I was just hoping for a CREO 2.0 M260, since M240 ran so good and they broke it with M250.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Inoram)

I see nothing in the product calendar for a Creo 2.0 m260 being planned.

Creo 2 is beyond the end of the support date.

I think to see Creo 5, you need to request a new license and check the box about wanting Creo 5.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

I read the calendar, I am just disappointed with m250. And disappointed with the the 2D of Creo3.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

...and you and I will probably be disappointed with the 2D in Creo 5 too.

Still rocking Creo 2.0 M040 here.  Only one crash a day... on rounds no less.

"Save when you think about it..."

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Had to upgrade to Creo 2.0 m240 because of the Windchill 11 upgrade in January.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

@BenLoosli wrote:

I see nothing in the product calendar for a Creo 2.0 m260 being planned.

Creo 2 is beyond the end of the support date.

I think to see Creo 5, you need to request a new license and check the box about wanting Creo 5.

I see "Rev Up", tried that. Didn't make it available. However it did update my license.

Edit: I take it back, eventually it did update to show creo 5.

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

@Inoram wrote:

It doesn't show up for me either. I was just hoping for a CREO 2.0 M260, since M240 ran so good and they broke it with M250.

What broke in M250?  Still running M240 here, hope to go to Creo 3 or 4 soon (but I've been hoping for that for 6 months. Sigh.)

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

We've kept to M240 also, mostly due to forgetting to update. I guess I'll not push it.

We have been contemplating the jump to Creo 4.0, with the necessary update of the FlexLM license manager. Has anyone had this experience, yet? Most important to us is how is the 2D drawing workflow? I'd seen a lot of unhappiness expressed about Creo 3.0 in this regard and we avoided that one.

The 2D workflow upgrade is inevitable in Creo past 2.0. 

PTC did put some fixes into early releases but not enough for me to even consider it. 

Heck, not even Creo 2.0 got fixed from what I gleaned throughout the development.

I've been waiting for someone in a big company to say we "qualified" a particular version of Creo 2.0.

And no one has spoken up past M040.  I know M050 was reasonably stable but something broke after that.

I am not certain they have it back up to snuff in any release in Creo 2.0, and I am certain some of the "sickness" spilled right into Creo 3, 4, ...etc.

My next "forced" move will be to Creo 4 or 5.  Creo 3 is over for me.  I did do a major project without drafting requirements in Creo 3 M020.  This effort was pretty much unremarkable... meaning nothing new in Creo 3 helped me (I was sold SolidWorks compatibility which was absolutely "BOGUS BS INFO" from VARs!) in the project and I was stuck with having to wrestle the 2 or 3 drawings needed throughout the project out of Creo 3.  There really was nothing "cool" added in Creo 3 for us core users.  In all, Creo 3.0 was yet another big let-down.  Why would I now complicate things further by moving to 4.0?  Windows 10 will be the nail that forces me to a newer Creo version.  But with only one license, and the need to sustain Creo 2 development in Creo 2, an update is far far far away.  Maybe Creo 5 M200 or so.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:TomD.inPDX)

You forgot the new naming scheme for Creo, Tom.

It will be Creo5.2.0.0 or maybe just 5.0.20.0.

Oh, that should solve everything 🙂  Ingenious!

There has been no development in technical surfacing in PTC Creo for a long long time.

ISDX being improved.

and then came freestyle...

and they keep screwing with detailing...with no remorse whatsoever.

Just updated FlexLM this past Friday. Have to say it went much more smoothly than in the past.

Make sure you upgrade the licenses for ALL of your products first and request the new license file.

(I missed a product the first time around)

I remember having to modify the license file in the past, seems like it works fairly automatically these days.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:dgschaefer)

M250 just crashes more often than M240 for me. M240 maybe crashed once, ever when I was using it. M250 is more standard issue Creo, it just crashes randomly every once in awhile.

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:rohit_rajan)

Here where you can get a trial or upgrade.

https://www.ptc.com/en/products/cad/creo/whats-new

There is always more to learn in Creo.

I think PTC will be following a similar pattern to Solidworks in releasing maintenance versions.there will be only upto CREO 4.0 M060.which means only 5 maintenance releases for CREO 4.0. Maximum bugs won't be resolved.

Then a new version will come up adding the old unsolved bugs and then the bugs from the new version.

This same process has made solidworks current versions horrible.

there will be two tracks if i remember correctly, long term support and the "usual" one (where the product becomes unsupported with the release of the next version).

i think that creo 4.0 is supposed to be the long term track.

i don't have access to ptc support so i can't confirm it

Top Tags