cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

assembly constraint

TracyWillis
5-Regular Member

assembly constraint

Is it possible to set the assembly constraint to default to "Coincident" for any 2 selections made?
I use that type most often, and 90 % of the time I have to make extra clicks to change it from normal or some other assumption.

Creo 2.0 m40

Thanks all
tw

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:TracyWillis)

In the config.pro, I have the following so parts always default to coincident and then if I need to, I change to offset constraint.

auto_constr_always_use_offset never

Users

Is there a way for text sketched in a cosmetic sketch feature to display the pattern index number of the feature?

Ie, I need to scribe a scale on a part with one inch increments from 1 to 36 and would like to create a feature with text that will varry when patterned. There should be a way to do this using the "memb_i" parameter, but I'm not sure how to use that here.

Best Regards
Chris Olin

My 2 cents is:

thicken works and does provide a good tool for defining constand thickness parts (we make deep draw sheet metal stamped parts).

If a thicken feature fails try "options>exclude surfaces" and see which surfaces, when excluded, allow the thicken feature to work.

Make sure all the radii are larger than the thicken feature (only matters when thickening the radii inward)

The biggest help when thickening complicated surfaces is play with model accuracy trying to get the tightest possible accuracy.

Good luck,

Ross H. Liberty

Factory Pipe

Apologies, I put my earlier response in the wrong thread . . . newbie.

Top Tags