cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Probe Point and Direction Export

ptc-5201316
1-Newbie

Probe Point and Direction Export

Hi All,

Using CREO elements direct modeling 18.1

I am creating a drawings for a complex part and would like to call out probe points (nominal surface in x,y,z at desired CMM probe location) and probe direction (i,j,k of vector normal to surface at the probe point) relative to global coordinate system.

My current method is to use the Measure Axis 3D tool and copy and past each of the six inputs , one at a time, into my table (actualy to excel first for formatting, then back into a table).

My current method is acceptable for a few points but not for many points. Does anyone have any ideas on how to expedite this process? Ideally, I would like to be able to click on a point on the desired surface and have the six data points exported directly to excel.

Capture1.PNG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags