cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

break a reference or make independent?

GInserra
5-Regular Member

break a reference or make independent?

I am trying to make clearance a moving part.  In assembly I used moving part -A- as a reference to give clearance with part -B-.  but I about destroyed my asm when I moved -A- back.  Is there a way to make a part independant and say "ok I dont want to change the way you look but stop using other parts as a reference"?

simple exaple. 

block A is 20mm 

block B is 30mm taller than block A

I want B to stay at 50mm regardless of what A does.

I dont want to export then import the part just to break references.  there has to be a way to do it in CREO yes?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Open only part B; don't have the assembly in session.

Redefine the feature in Part B that refers to the Assembly. It will ask if you want to keep or delete the assembly reference. Delete the references.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Open only part B; don't have the assembly in session.

Redefine the feature in Part B that refers to the Assembly. It will ask if you want to keep or delete the assembly reference. Delete the references.

GInserra
5-Regular Member
(To:dschenken)

I might be over thinking this but im not sure how to do that. 

could you give a step by step?

GInserra
5-Regular Member
(To:GInserra)

yep. I was overthinking it.  after playing around I have it figured out.  

Thank you very much for your help.Capture.PNG

How did you make the reference? Through a Data Sharing feature like a Copy Geom or by a direct External Reference?

Dave Martin - dmartin@creowindchill.com - https://www.mcaeconsulting.com
GInserra
5-Regular Member
(To:DaveMartin)

I made the parts active in assembly then used the surounding parts to make the profile cuts.

Top Tags