cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

My model is not Retrieving

rizvith
5-Regular Member

My model is not Retrieving

I am using Windchill 11 when I was trying to open a file it was downloading but it cannot be opened by Creo 4.0, when I check Event Management of my Windchill server it is showing download suceeded but in status bar of creo shows model cannot be retrieved, but the same model can be retrieved from PDMLink server. Can anyone suggest me a right solution.

6 REPLIES 6

This seems more like a Windchill question to me...

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill/ct-p/Windchill

rizvith
5-Regular Member
(To:HamsterNL)

Ofcourse it might be the Windchill question, but I suspect this conflict is somewhere in the middle of Windchill and Creo because it is downloaded successfully from Windchill server when I try to open it in creo the problem araises. 

dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:rizvith)

Since you also asked in the Windchill section, you could mention that.

If it really is a problem between Windchill and Creo, then that is not anything the User Community can help with. You will need to open a call with PTC technical support.

Since you say 'file' no one knows if you mean an assembly or a drawing file that didn't get all the components from Windchill loaded at the same time, or if you mean a part file that was corrupted.

I'll guess that it is an assembly or a drawing that requires components that you no longer have permission to access, which is a Windchill permissions problem that needs to be discussed with your Windchill administrator.

rizvith
5-Regular Member
(To:dschenken)

Apologies for not mentioning that, Since I am new to PTC user community I dont know the right place to post.

Sure I will contact PTC technical support. I posted this issue here because someone might have faced the same issue, so that they can help me.

It is a small part file with 4 or 5 features, it was not corrupted because when I open the same part file from the different Windchill server it doesn't have any problem and I also faces the same problem in assembly and drawing files.

Since I have a super user access it is not a access issue, I contacted my administrator He also felt this is something different.

If you have a local replica server, and your vault is set to that local server then try to change it to "master."

Sometimes, there may be sync issue with the local and the master servers.

You can do that in "Preference Management--> Vaulting and Replication

rizvith
5-Regular Member
(To:manjunathrv)

Thank you for your suggestion it was already set in Master.

Top Tags