cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

bundle dxf dwg export block problem

stavil
1-Newbie

bundle dxf dwg export block problem

Hello there,

I record save as DWG or DXF drawing techniques. But it seems to be when I open the file in AutoCAD drawing blocks. It should not have blocks of these lines for laser cutting. How can I solve this problem. Thank you in advance

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6
FriedhelmK
17-Peridot
(To:stavil)

Hello Serdar,

thats not a problem.

Annotation is working whit a part structure.

The parts are transformed as Blocks to dxf or dwg.

Export drawings scale 1/1 to .dxf or dwg.

AndExplode.jpgExplode the Blocks in Autocad 

Best regards

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

part of the face is more than difficult to do it this way. I think not able to turn the block made from DWG format. I congratulate PTC

FriedhelmK
17-Peridot

I do not understand why you're so negative.

I work in this way for years with partners who produce both, 3D plastic parts and 2D stamping parts or laser cutting.

Never had a problem.

If you want you can send me a file dan I prepare you a Dwg or Dxf with flat Strucktur that you can continue to use. But I'm sure you also can that yourself:

Best regards

Friedhelm

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )
FriedhelmK
17-Peridot

It is possible that you have to repead the explode command in autocad several times until the whole partstructure is destoyed and the elements of the views are on top.

Select all and explode.

Repead this until you can select the elements seperately.

jbahr
1-Newbie

We also have the problems Serdar told us.

Save a drawing as dwg or dxf ist not so easy because of the blocks.

We must explode the parts for many times until we can snap each line itselfes.

I miss the Layer for the export in a dwg or dxf. So we also have the problem that we must change the Layer for all lines when we open the drwaing in AutoCAD for example.

smurphy
3-Visitor

I am looking for a solution that places each view in an individual block and the hidden lines placed in a layer that I can switch on and off. The best approach I found was making a shrink wrap first then do the drawing of the shrink wrap. This eliminates the large part structure showing up as individual blocks. Still need to figure out how to send hidden lines to a separate layer during the export.

Top Tags