cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

can a fixed length be designated to a spool

kachten
1-Newbie

can a fixed length be designated to a spool

hello,

In the spool you can set a variety of electrical parameters. Be can you set a spool or wire which has a fixed length.

greetings, Koen

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Koenraad...

Rama is totally correct... you can't fix the length of a spool. You can only fix the length of portions of specific wires/cables.

I'm really sorry I haven't been around. But if there are any other questions, please ask and I'll try to keep this email thread tagged so I can respond.

Thanks!

-Brian

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:kachten)

Koenraad,

Maybe Brian will be able to chime in, but I thought I'd link to his presentation and see if you can find the answer to both of your questions there:

http://communities.ptc.com/community/creo/piping-cabling-schematics/blog/2013/07/11/failing-with-style-ninja-cabling-2-draft-presentation

At the end he has a power point you can down load, too!

Thanks, Dale

Hi Keon,

We can fix the length of the wire/bundle (not spool) in 3D harness assembly, but cannot control the length through parameters.

Regards

Ramakrishna

Hi Koenraad...

Rama is totally correct... you can't fix the length of a spool. You can only fix the length of portions of specific wires/cables.

I'm really sorry I haven't been around. But if there are any other questions, please ask and I'll try to keep this email thread tagged so I can respond.

Thanks!

-Brian

Thanks everyone for your input!!!

Greetings, Koen

Top Tags