cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

can't start annotation in PE

TristanSchäfer
1-Newbie

can't start annotation in PE

Hello PTC Community,

I have a problem, I can't start the Annotation, there's only "Modeling" in the Applications Menu. I hear you can somehow kick-start the module via command line, but I can't find any.

I Have

CoCreate Modeling PE, Datecode (30.0.0.15, 17 June 2010)

Windows 7 Pro

32 Bit

Thanks a lot

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hello!

Tristan Schäfer wrote:

...CoCreate Modeling PE, Datecode (30.0.0.15, 17 June 2010)...

Why do not you use the latest version of the Creo Elements/Direct Modeling Express 4.0? Can be found here: http://www.ptc.com/products/creo-elements-direct/modeling-express/

Modeling Express 3.0

image.jpeg

You can activate it via the button called "2D"

You might opt for the following options as well.

Use "Application > Annotation" to start Annotation.

Or to enter "(activate-annotation)" into the user command line. (This might can also be added to a file called sd_customize in your Modeling Express user profile directory. This would enable Annotation with each startup of Modeling Express)

Hint: If you are in Annotation you might add a button in one of your toolbars called "3D" (Modeling) to return with a simple mouse click to the 3D part. "Tools -- Customize - Groups - Misc ... scroll down to the 3D button and add this to an existing toolbar. Then you can use this toolbar icon or the icon in the lower right corner (arrows) to move between Modeling and Annotation.

Modeling Express 4.0

Here go to the Tab called "Applications" in the top most row.

The second button in this Application Tab is Called "Annotation (click to add)"

Or use (activate-annotation) in the command line bar

If there are issues to get it started you might open the console for reviewing the error.

Modeling Express 4.0 --> Tab "VIEW" --> "Toolbars" --> "Console" BEFORE activating Annotation

Top Tags