cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

changing mass and units

gbon
1-Newbie

changing mass and units

Hi alls,

I have difficulties managing mass properties of an assembly.

One sub-assembly has wrong units and its weight is very very big.

It's made of thousand parts.

So, is it possible to simply disable its weight inside whole assembly?

Thanks,

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
gkbeer
1-Newbie
(To:gbon)

As long as all the parts have been assigned densities consistent with their units, all should be fine.

When showing mass props in the model tree, sub assemblies having odd units will show their mass in their units.However Pro will sum the masses correctly in the top assembly.

As long as every part has the correct density applied w/respect to its units, & the mass props have been calculated, the top assy and all subassemblies will show the correct mass.

Example:

Assy1 , lbs, 11.023

Sub assy grams. 5000

Part a. Grams. 1000

4x Part b, pounds 2.2046

The best way to audit the models is to add the columns pro_mp_mass & pro_mp_density to the model tree, then scan down the list. Parts with a density of 1.000, or that show more or fewer decimal places than are reasonable, should be checked/repaired.

This stupid forum is deleting all the cr's.

Ok that's fixed, the original post was from my iPad, I had to edit the post from my pc.

Top Tags