cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

creating send gate for mold

AndreyPavlov
1-Newbie

creating send gate for mold

ProE Wildfire 5

Attached files:

Example gate file:
My part file:
Standard Gate Plug file: Note open the generic version to show the inner hole:

I am trying to make a Send Gate for a mold that goes from the Gate Plug to the mold cavity. I have a mold example from another part but can not copy over the features and make it work. I can't even look at it and dupicate the features because I am having problems with the trajectory settings. The example part is going to bring up errors of not having the reference parts but just unreference them and it will still bring up the "old" placements which is fine.

The gate is an acceptable design so if I can duplicate it somehow that would be great. If you know molds well and have a better way or easier way to do it then that would be great too because I have to do lots of them and of different sizes and the way they did it is super difficult to duplicate and change to new parts.

send-gate-with-gate-plug.gif

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

hi Andrey,

I have very little experience with moving features from one model to another but have you considered using UDF (User Defined Feature)?

To do an inheritance or merge, or even copy geom, it's best to have absolute accuracy instead of relative accuracy, and have the same values set for all the models involved.

Top Tags