cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

creo2 table repeat region sorting

jtrowbridge
1-Newbie

creo2 table repeat region sorting

Is there a way to sort a column in a simple repeat region by the parameter name instead of it's value in the table?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:jtrowbridge)

By definition, there is only one parameter name per column. How would you sort that? Maybe I'm not understanding. Do you have a screenshot of your table?

I have a column that uses &asm.mbr.param.value
Then I use a filter for that column that looks for a set of parameters.
so for each component it will add a line for each parameter found. for example I have a purch part and I have parameters for supplier name, supplier address, manufacter PN, ect.

the problem is the order it populates them ......all I see that I can do is sort by the value of that parameter......so for example the address will either be first or last depending on forward or backward sort
cause of the number in the address....make sense?
sorry I'm not at work, so I can not get you an example...maybe tomorrow

Thanks
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:jtrowbridge)

Ah, yes. Add a another column with &asm.mbr.param.name then sort by this column.

This quickly becomes very busy. You are probably better off just adding columns for each specific parameter you want to return information on.

Name Quantity Description Supplier Name Supplier Address Manufacturer PN etc.

You can always erase the lines to make multiple columns look like one column. That way, you can do what Tom suggest and still have it look like what you have now.

David Haigh
Top Tags