cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

datum plane through point not updating position after regeneration

CA_10146793
7-Bedrock

datum plane through point not updating position after regeneration

Creo version 10.0.3.0

1. Datum Plane is modeled through a sketched point and parallel to another plane. 
  2. The sketched point moves to a different position after a dimension change and model regeneration. 
  3. Plane does not update position after model is regenerated, and related features crash. 
  4. After "redefine" is used to enter Datum Plane creation dialogue box, "OK" is selected without any change to feature definition.
  5. Plane then updates position as expected and failed features resolve by themselves.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

To close the loop - I have experienced this type of rare issue (i.e. a feature doesn't properly regenerate until "redefine without modification" is used to force regeneration) before in past models, on a Wildfire build.  The purpose of my posting here was simply to alert the community in case it happens to somebody else, and also to see if anybody had any prior insight into it.  I suspected that perhaps there was a relation that was possibly delaying the regeneration, but did not find any in my latest look into it.  The "solution" that I posted along with the problem (numbered items 4 and 5) does get the user out of a broken-model jam but does not address root cause, so while it offers a workaround and worth knowing about, it is not a true "solution" in my opinion.  However it is a rare issue in my experience and not a major problem in my opinion.  I prefer not to post my native CAD file to the entire community as it may contain some sensitive information, and I could not reproduce the error in a generic CAD model as I also noted in another message.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

I tested your action in Creo 10.0.4.0 and did not find any problem. Datum plane follows datum point as expected.

Please pack your model into zip file and upload this zip file.

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin, thanks for the response.  FYI I copied and pasted the features into a new start part and the error is not reproduced there. 

But it is reproducible in the file I sent you.

Hi,

please use following area to upload zip file.

MartinHanak_0-1717524554015.png

Martin Hanák

Hi,

please next time do not send me private messages.
I think that you can upload your files to discussion page.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

To close the loop - I have experienced this type of rare issue (i.e. a feature doesn't properly regenerate until "redefine without modification" is used to force regeneration) before in past models, on a Wildfire build.  The purpose of my posting here was simply to alert the community in case it happens to somebody else, and also to see if anybody had any prior insight into it.  I suspected that perhaps there was a relation that was possibly delaying the regeneration, but did not find any in my latest look into it.  The "solution" that I posted along with the problem (numbered items 4 and 5) does get the user out of a broken-model jam but does not address root cause, so while it offers a workaround and worth knowing about, it is not a true "solution" in my opinion.  However it is a rare issue in my experience and not a major problem in my opinion.  I prefer not to post my native CAD file to the entire community as it may contain some sensitive information, and I could not reproduce the error in a generic CAD model as I also noted in another message.

Top Tags