cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

difficult geometry, dome bottle

al204
1-Newbie

difficult geometry, dome bottle

hello Proe pros,

I have attached images of a bottle I was asked to model. So far this has been beyond my knowledge/skills.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to tackle modeling this bottle? A particularly difficult zone is the dome on the top.

best regards, al

using wf 3.0

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:al204)

Depending on the level of accuracy required, I would suggest a series of sweeps, blends or sweep/blends. Build half the bottle and mirror the base model and add the cap threads.

I might even consider an outside "scanning" service to bring the shape into Creo and then work with this "known geometry".

DeanLong
10-Marble
(To:al204)

That is a simple Pro/Surface project. Nothing complex, Pro/E-wise,is needed to create that bottle.

Simple splines along the X, Y and Z axes, with Boundary surfaceswill get it done.

Alvaro,

I created a video on my Youtube channel "Creo Junkies" to show you how to create the bottle.

Hope this helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoMW_usjaJo&feature=plcp&hd=1

"Too many people walk around like Clark Kent, because they don't realize they can Fly like Superman"

Top Tags