cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

drawing error while check-in

Sandy7
11-Garnet

drawing error while check-in

Hello,

i was confused when i looked at the drawing errors and the same drawing in my colleagues window. the errors were completely different.

Could someone explain this? snap attached.

Thanks,

sandy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Sandy7)

That option in the config.pro "modelcheck_dir" is the folder location of the model check definition file, usascii is just a folder, not a file.

You need to find modelcheck_dir in your config.pro (remember, you may have more than one config.pro based on your company setup) and compare the folder in yours to the folder in your coworkers config.pro.

If you don't find the option in your config.pro but you find it in your coworker, you are likely missing more stuff than just that one option. 

I would really suggest you get help from someone in your company who handles creo installation.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
StephenW
23-Emerald II

Looks like there are different model check definition files on each computer. Modelcheck is set up by your company, so you would need to ask and admin there why the 2 computers are using 2 different definition files.

Sandy7
11-Garnet
(To:StephenW)

Hi @StephenW ,

How to check if model check definition files are different? any location i need go into?

Br,

Sandy

StephenW
23-Emerald II

In your config.pro, there should be a modelcheck_dir that points to a folder. you may have more than one config file, so you may need to look in all of them to find the setting. The other user may be pointing to a different folder, you'll need to check both config files.

In my case, the folder is a network drive. But there are other ways to accomplish this and different companies use different ways, such as a batch file during creo startup to copy files to your local computer.

Sandy7
11-Garnet

wow, i will have to connect with the admin. 

thanks for your suggestion. i will update on this soon.

Thanks,

Sandy

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

I have ModelCheck set up so its files are on a shared network drive. Everyone gets the same checks everytime.

! Added ModelCheck 07-Jul-2021 BHL
modelcheck_enabled yes
modelcheck_dir X:\OR\Engineering\Systems\PTC_Settings\Model Check\text\usascii

Hi @BenLoosli ,

i have 2 questions,

1 . could you please help me know where did you get the location path of the model check directory 

X:\OR\Engineering\Systems\PTC_Settings\Model Check\text\usascii

2. is usascii the model check file ?

because i tried to find in my config.pro option, i could find it in "find" window but it doesn't show any path to model check file which is being used.

see attachment.

br,

Sandy

Hi,

I think default directory path is something like

E:\PTC\Creo10_020\Creo 10.0.2.0\Common Files\modchk\text\usascii

Martin Hanák
StephenW
23-Emerald II

That option in the config.pro "modelcheck_dir" is the folder location of the model check definition file, usascii is just a folder, not a file.

You need to find modelcheck_dir in your config.pro (remember, you may have more than one config.pro based on your company setup) and compare the folder in yours to the folder in your coworkers config.pro.

If you don't find the option in your config.pro but you find it in your coworker, you are likely missing more stuff than just that one option. 

I would really suggest you get help from someone in your company who handles creo installation.

Sandy7
11-Garnet

@StephenW, you are right. i have replaced the companies standard modchk folder in my coleagues system. now all seems to be working fine.

thanks for help..! 😃

Br,

Sandeep C.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

I moved the ModelCheck files from the load point to a shared network drive location, then put the modelcheck_dir config.pro setting to point to the shared location. Even though we use a single install of Creo on the shared drive, by moving the ModelCheck files, I don't have to worry about it reverting to the default settings when I do a version upgrade. Like Wednesday night, I changed my launch script so the Creo version is now 9.0.7.0 instead of 9.0.5.0.

As others have explained usascii is just the top level folder that contains the ModelCheck configuration files.

Top Tags