cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

dual dimensioning

ptc-2265543
1-Newbie

dual dimensioning

Gentlemen:

I have dual dimensions set up on a drawing. Metric is primary, inch is secondary. Metric is set up as 3 place decimal and the difference to inch is 1, so the inch should come in as 4 place. As I create a drawing, I see more and more that the metric is coming in as setup to 3 places but the inch is coming with 13 place decimals. I go into the model and the feature and re-create the dimension. This brings the correct dimension into the drawing. What is wrong/ What parameter am I missing?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Edit properties on your dimension... check the box for Round Dimension Values.

At WF5 we've been given the ability to round/not round reference values. The secondary dimension qualifies as a reference dimension.

There are two config.pro options to look at, too:

• round_prewf5_displayed_dim_val
  • round_displayed_dim_values

Hopefully that gives you enough to fix the problem.

Thanks!

-Brian

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Edit properties on your dimension... check the box for Round Dimension Values.

At WF5 we've been given the ability to round/not round reference values. The secondary dimension qualifies as a reference dimension.

There are two config.pro options to look at, too:

• round_prewf5_displayed_dim_val
  • round_displayed_dim_values

Hopefully that gives you enough to fix the problem.

Thanks!

-Brian

Thanks alot, Brian. That was it. It seems as one tries to take care of Pro/E's variables thru closing the door via config files, Pro/E is busy opening up windows behind you!

Thanks again,

Joe

Top Tags