cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

edge references

ng-2
5-Regular Member

edge references

Hi

i am using a check - edge references it is working but the problem is that this check only gives me information of hole which is referenced from edge. i have created a rectangular slot in my model and referenced it from edge,since it is also a feature now after running model check  it is not showing rectangular feature to highlight.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:ng-2)

Nimesh,

As Stephen mentioned references for slot features are surfaces not to any edges hence no error or warning in ModelCHECK. If you will modify the slot feature and define edges for reference, you will get warning/error.

Edge.jpg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Nimesh,

This check lists features which are created using edges as dimension reference, when creating slot make sure you are referring edge for dimension reference not to any surface. If you have any part to share, we can check this.

ng-2
5-Regular Member
(To:Mahesh_Sharma)

hi Mahesh,

yes sure i am attaching a model file made in creo 3.0, here is one feature named slot which has reference from edge for a dimension 0.6, during model check it should be appear in ui for highlighting but it is not appearing.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

No, your reference is a surface. By default, Creo selects the surface (more stable feature) instead of the edge.  Look at the reference viewer to see exactly what your are referencing.

This feature is modeling correctly assuming you want to avoid edge reference.

not-edge.jpg

ng-2
5-Regular Member
(To:StephenW)

Hello stephen

Thank you very much got your point..

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Nimesh,

As Stephen mentioned references for slot features are surfaces not to any edges hence no error or warning in ModelCHECK. If you will modify the slot feature and define edges for reference, you will get warning/error.

Edge.jpg

ng-2
5-Regular Member
(To:Mahesh_Sharma)

hi mahesh

thank you now it is working...

Top Tags