cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

entity line high thickness in printout

ptc-5158526
1-Newbie

entity line high thickness in printout

I'm using Pro-E WF5.0.. i have some problem on drawing printout.. when i take print, entity thickness is to high as in the image i attached...

i also gothru some discussions.. they take about to change the PEN_TABLE value... but i cannot found the option.. pls give me the step by step options, how to add & edit the pen_table value in config .pro... pls help me to solve this problem..

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the forum.

Normally, if you have that level of courseness, your drawing views are too small. The only real cleanup option in the PDF Export options dialog is to use end conditions for your lines to help "blend" them.

I have attached a pen table file to thi smessage. Place this in the working directory and in the PDF Export Options dialog, select the Use Pen Table option. This will read the pen table attached. You can adjust the values in the attached file to your liking. Pen 1 is geomtry, pen 2 is hidden, and pen 3 is the annotaiton.

Hi,

do you use following config.pro options ?

use_8_plotter_pens yes

pen_table_file ABSOLUTE_PATH_to_pentable_file

pdf_use_pentable YES

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Those would be the next step, yes If you check the "Use Pentable" in the export options dialog, it looks in the working directory for the TABLE.PNT file. Since I only use it for certain types of drawings (presentations mostly), it is easier than making it a default in config.pro. The attached file has only one line weight for all pens.

Martin Hanak wrote:

Hi,

do you use following config.pro options ?

use_8_plotter_pens yes

pen_table_file ABSOLUTE_PATH_to_pentable_file

pdf_use_pentable YES

Martin Hanak

Here is a link to a PTC article about the technique mentioned by Antonius and Martin. It contains also a link to an old suggested technique about pen table files (which is fully up-to-date as the functionality has not changed with the centuries):

CS25880 : How to control line style of drawings when saving drawing file to PDF or other 2D file formats in Creo Parametric

Top Tags