cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Solidify problem!!!

hmr
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Solidify problem!!!

Hello All,

I am in need of suggestions

I have a requirement where in I have got a step model(Import feature) of an assembly, which is in surface form & I would like to solidify it. Can anyone suggest me some best method in doing this???

Best Regards,

Harish

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
dveljkovic
6-Contributor
(To:hmr)

This will help you to start:

http://learningexchange.ptc.com/tutorial/805/using-the-import-datadoctor-to-fill-gaps-remove-and-create-surfaces

You have to use IDD in order to fix imported step file. When imporintg the STEP file (or any other non-Creo file) select EXTERNAL for "model accuracy" under MODEL tab. This will bring step file accuracy into creo model.

gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:hmr)

Danilo and Steven have provided two good hints, but I noticed you mention importing an assembly.

Assemblies are probably handled slightly different between CAD systems, but in most cases I would expect multiple closed quilts to be imported (or almost closed quilts, needing fix).

You can import a STEP assembly into assembly or part mode, but assembly mode is preferable, because you can handle each part of the assembly separately, opening it from the assembly tree.

If you need all geometry in a sinle part, you can still merge the completed parts in assembly mode.

Top Tags