cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

extract material properties

sr-4
1-Newbie

extract material properties

Problem in Proe.PNG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sr-4
1-Newbie
(To:psobejko)

Hi

Thank you so much . It is working Perfectly 100%

Thanks a lot

Srini

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:sr-4)

Hi,

you can:

• create auxiliary drawing containing with your assembly set as drawing model
  • create table with repeat region in the drawing
  • 1st column ... &asm.mbr.name
  • 2nd column ... &asm.mbr.ptc_material.PTC_MATERIAL_NAME
  • select the table and save it as csv file
  • change csv file name extension to txt
  • open txt file in Excel and save it as xls file

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin

Thank you so much for your Reply.

I am really looking to generate an text file or CSV file from  Creo  without going into the drawing information.

Say  I have 20 parts in my active window under one assembly with the tree window on left side.

I am looking a script or procedure to generate a txt or csv file t have part number in forst colum and material properties in the second coulmn.

The reason I am asking this question is used use for my simulation using external solvers.

Thank you

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

you can also configure Model Tree to show PTC_MATERIAL_NAME parameter in its column and use Save Model Tree command.

MH

Martin Hanák
psobejko
12-Amethyst

Also, you can set it up so that the BOM shows the material information of the components:

create a text file somewhere on your hard-disk called, for example, my_bom_format.txt with these contents:

.summary

==========================================================================================================================

Summary for %$type %$name

==========================================================================================================================

.titles Name; Material

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.row %$name[-40s]; , %PTC_MATERIAL_NAME[-30s]

(the $name is a special identifier that lists the name of the component, the % delimits a column, [-40s] is a format specifier)

other options available, search these forums and the internet for good tips.

reconfigure the config.pro option to point to this file:

bom_format C:\my_path\my_bom_format.txt

Then use the assembly tool "Bill of Materials" to generate the table.  A text file named after your assembly with .bom.x extension will be generated in your working directory everytime you use the tool (x will be the incremented).

sr-4
1-Newbie
(To:psobejko)

Hi

Thank you so much . It is working Perfectly 100%

Thanks a lot

Srini

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags