cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

facing licence problem in Creo parametric 6.0.2.0

abhishekprasad
2-Guest

facing licence problem in Creo parametric 6.0.2.0

problem 2.jpgproblem.jpgi had installed student version of creo 6.0.2.0 after installing my license  successfully I got sw license file in email. I had pasted in C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing 

while my internet connection is connected creo parametric application was opening with out warning message list but when i had disconnected my internet connection i was unable to open creo application it was showing warning message list. again i had connected my internet connection but it was not opening.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

To add to Martin's reply:
Since Creo "attaches" it's license to network card in the operating system, you must ensure that card is always visible in Windows,otherwise Creo won't start.
For example: if your WiFi card was active and license have been attached to WiFi card, you must ensure that WiFi card is always on, when you try to work with Creo.
I've seen cases where Windows turned off unused network cards (both Ethernet and WiFi) when there was no active connection on them, so you need to check it out.
It's not like Creo is trying to connect to some PTC's license server over the Internet, because there is no such thing. You simply need to have network card active in Windows for the license to work.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi,

during installation you were connected to Internet via network card with physical address 3A-C1-DB-D1-CF-10. Creo installer detected this physical address and used it for license generation.

---

It look like physical address 3A-C1-DB-D1-CF-10 was assigned dynamically and does not exist anymore. Therefore Creo cannot find it and does not start.

---

To see network card physical addresses, you can open Command Prompt window and run ipconfig  /all command.

Martin Hanák

What is the solution for this?

@abhishekprasad wrote:
What is the solution for this?

Hi,

I am sorry I can't provide simple solution, because I do not know, how you are connecting to Internet. Ask some experienced friend.

General advice - you have to configure your PC to connect to Internet via Ethernet or WiFi network card. These network cards have fixed physical addresses.

Martin Hanák

After fixing Internet connection you have to uninstall/install Creo 6. Do not forget to empty C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory !

Martin Hanák

If i have not permanent internet connection then i can't use it? Means
offline mode

@abhishekprasad wrote:
If i have not permanent internet connection then i can't use it? Means
offline mode

Hi,

you can use Creo "offline". But Creo must "see" the network card for which the license is generated.

Martin Hanák

To add to Martin's reply:
Since Creo "attaches" it's license to network card in the operating system, you must ensure that card is always visible in Windows,otherwise Creo won't start.
For example: if your WiFi card was active and license have been attached to WiFi card, you must ensure that WiFi card is always on, when you try to work with Creo.
I've seen cases where Windows turned off unused network cards (both Ethernet and WiFi) when there was no active connection on them, so you need to check it out.
It's not like Creo is trying to connect to some PTC's license server over the Internet, because there is no such thing. You simply need to have network card active in Windows for the license to work.
Top Tags