cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

flexible tutorial

Dom_CHENTRE
12-Amethyst

flexible tutorial

Hi, I need to design a rubber part 'very elastic, that is between 2 wood parts in an assembly.
Is there any tutorial to help me to learn how to make this part flexible and adapt his geometry, depending on position of wood parts ?
Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:Dom_CHENTRE)

Don't know if you have access to it, but PTC Enterprise Learning - Advanced Assembly Design module has a section on flexibility that includes information on creating a flexibility by dimension.

For what I believe you are trying to do, a sheet of rubber between 2 flat pieces of wood, make it flexible, and vary the thickness.  In the flexible dialog box, for the thickness dimension, change the method to distance and select the surfaces that define the gap between the wood.

There are also several other methods available.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Dom_CHENTRE
12-Amethyst
(To:kdirth)

Thanks,

I have AAX module, but not PTC Learning, and I'm still on Creo3...
So... I'll look on the web and Youtube...
Thanks again,
Dominique

Thanks very interesting, and I'll look at this.
However, Perhaps I didn't used appropriated word.

What I want to do is make a mechanism assembly and make a component flexible.
Thanks

Do you know if this is a time regen hit in larger assemblies.  It would seem if used too many times in the context of a 5000 piece part this could be a bad thing.  And maybe constantly marking the assembly that it is in "modified"

Top Tags