cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

format in wf2.0

cncwhiz
1-Newbie

format in wf2.0

I am on wild fire 2.0 and I am in the process of building a "format" for drawing. I have been building other documents using parametric parameters with good sucess. I am not sure if I have "pro_detail" but I dont see it in pro status when I run it. I built the whole entire template fir the format an I only need to add the driving parameters. I can put them in the format but when I go to use it the are not pulliung the data from the model.

Thamks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

I figured out my issue. The information on how to input parameters is a little miss-leading, it says "can be placed on a format as a text in a table cell or as a note". I input the parameters as a note by creating the note and dragging the note onto thetable. This note is not in the table in this manor.Iadd the parameters into the table by double clicking the table cell and adding the parameter to the cell.

In Reply to Terry Thomas:

I am on wild fire 2.0 and I am in the process of building a "format" for drawing. I have been building other documents using parametric parameters with good sucess. I am not sure if I have "pro_detail" but I dont see it in pro status when I run it. I built the whole entire template fir the format an I only need to add the driving parameters. I can put them in the format but when I go to use it the are not pulliung the data from the model.

Thamks

Hi all,

Kind of a stupid question but haven't been able to figure it out.
Can anyone tell me where I can change colors in Wildfire 5, specifically background, text color for drawings, etc?
Never had to do it in WF2 which we're slowly moving away from.
Seems like the obvious place is system colors, but is there a specific file within the WF5 program files that controls the color scheme?

Thanks,
Stefan

The color settings are stored in your syscol.scl file. These changes can be made in the area below.
[cid:image002.jpg@01CD927A.DCCCFF20]
[cid:image003.png@01CD927A.DCCCFF20]

Make sure to save the file for reuse.

Andy Hermanson
Engineering Design Applications

tel 605.275.1040 x51114 mobile 605.310.8168
website www.daktronics.com
A.DelNegro
4-Participant
(To:cncwhiz)

I'm curious, how would I create a logo wrapped around a cylinder. I've
done some logos on curved surfaces before where I could actually extrude
the logo nearly perpendicular to the surface, but how would I do it if
the logo goes all the way around the cylinder. I obviously can't make
an extruded feature from that because its curved (wrapped actually,
around the cylinder...)

Toyn

Tony,

I would try using the wrap feature. Using the wrap feature you can get curves
put onto the cylinder all around. Then if you need to cut into the part or add a
protrusion off the surface then use the offset feature and choose whether you
want the feature normal to the surface or normal to the sketching plane, etc.
You might have to do this from 2 to 4 different directions to cut or protrude
your logo. See attached file for reference.

Good luck,

Mark A. Peterson
Sr Design Engineer
Igloo Products Corp
-

A.DelNegro
4-Participant

OK, here’s my summary (prompted by Terry, 😉 )

I used the last option pretty much… here’s the details on my actual procedure...

1. Wrap the logo around the cylinder (this can actually be skipped if the logo doesn’t go too far around the cylinder)

1. Offset the cylinder outer surface towards the inside the depth that I want the logo to be cut to

2. Create a surface tangent to the cylinder at the center of my logo

3. create a protruded cut, using the outline of the logo sketch (use edge), protruded up to the new surface…

End product…

Note, the cut is perpendicular to the sketch surface but for my prototype this won’t matter. On the final part, I’ll not have this cut in anyway.

Tada!

Tony

Spinal bend is one option. Make it flat and bend the solid.

Hi Tony,

I would "wrap" the logo around the cylinder (near the project command). I am not in front of ProE now, but you can offset the surface of the cylinder within the wrapped sketch and one of the options of the projects is to create walls anlong the border of the skecth prependicular to the cylinder. I can check exact commands latter, but that might get you started.

I would try using the wrap feature. Using the wrap feature you can get curves put onto the cylinder all around. Then if you need to cut into the part or add a protrusion off the surface then use the offset feature and choose whether you want the feature normal to the surface or normal to the sketching plane, etc. You might have to do this from 2 to 4 different directions to cut or protrude your logo. See attached file for reference.

cdspk
1-Newbie

Wrap onto cylinder

on tangent plane, create sketch from wrapped curves with 'use edge' tool

use the sketch in offset surface feature - side surfaces normal

This method can be used for 'wrapping' onto non cylinder 3d surfaces by wrapping onto a cylinder which approxiamates the 3d surface

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags