cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

how to create split balloon note?

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

how to create split balloon note?

How do you create this type of balloon note, with the bar through the middle and the text above and below it?

thanks!

ballon.JPG

9 REPLIES 9
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:Inoram)

Is this a BOM driven balloon?

You do have this option: default_bom_balloon_type

Look in help under "To Merge and Stack BOM Balloons"

I don't like BOM driven balloons. Personally, a symbol suits me better since I can control the circle's diameter.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Not BOM driven.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Take a look in this folder:

C:\<install location>\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M0<version>0\symbols\report\bomballoon\

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

I see them, I can load them, that appears to be what I can use, but I can not figure out how to put them in the drawing. I am sure there is some basic usage that I am missing. It let's me load and place others, but not those.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

I copied the bomballoon.sym to my default symbol folder and browsed to it. It then "floats around" until I pick a feature to attach it to. Middle mouse button drops it after selecting the attachment feature.

There seems to be something protected about that folder. I get the same problem. But if I copy it to a custom symbol folder of my own, it works fine.

I made a few modifications to the default one. It follows your default text style and allows you to enter text in the qty value. I also locked the circle to 1/2". If you need 3 digits or need text such as "REF" or "A/R", you have little option. Maybe 9/16" diameter circle is more appropriate. Everyone has their own standards but I like fixed circle sizes throughout my drawings. these may be a bit crowded for .156" text.

custom_qty_balloon.PNG

I use this in my config.pro:

pro_symbol_dir C:\<desired_personal_symbols_folder_path>\Symbols

Find attached the Custom Qty Balloon symbol.

This should work more like you expect. (Creo 2.0 parametric full version)

edit: added a 9/16" diameter balloon. Looks better with default text.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

It works great Antonius, thank you. Currently I am using the bigger one, I could even use the smaller one with smaller text. But for this project it doesn't matter either way.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

You are welcome, Matt.

Have a happy New Year!

This solution worked well for me, and it was very easy to implement. Thanks!

Top Tags