cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

how to show transparent part in drawing

BradKummer
1-Newbie

how to show transparent part in drawing

I have an assembly and (1) part is transparent (sight glass). When I set the part to be transparent in the model everything is okay.

But when I put the necessary defined views in the drawing it loses the tranparency and makes it a solid as well as changes the inside features to hidden lines.

I want to be able to show in the drawing how the part actually would look without going to a shaded view. Meaning the glass would be clear (still showing the outside edges as solid) and seeing the inside features as solid.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Hello Brad,

try to set the Calc Mode to Classic + Shaded in the View Properties.

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

Thanks for the tip. it sounds like the drawing view will be shaded. is this correct? I prefer to keep it as a line drawing with no shaded views in the drawing. The only option I can find is change the to component to transparent with phantom lines thru the view > drawing display > component display . This will work except that the outside line edges are phantom and I need them to be solid.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

you can use part/workplane geometry styles under annotation>Setup>properties. you have to (manualy) select the parts that are behind the glass and give them the correct color and set the linetype to full.

then update your views (although annotation will not show the views in cyan, this is needed to apply the changes).

i know it's a little cheating and not user-friendly when you need to select a lot of parts, but it does work.

note that hiden lines of the selected parts are also converted to full lines.

You could hide the glass in the assembly and create a second view with the glass alone and superimpose them.

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags