cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

how to stop / limit the layer tree from expanding?

pshepherdson
10-Marble

how to stop / limit the layer tree from expanding?

Curious..

is there a way to stop the layer tree from expanding itself?

I find it annoying to constantly have to minimize this tree, as it seem to always want to pop up to be seen..

Not sure why it needs to constantly pop back up after a few commands.. but it does..  Covers the model tree to the point I need to scroll down in the model tree to get back to where I was (part or feature..)

I assume it's because it has a 'self esteem' issue..

3 REPLIES 3
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:pshepherdson)

Setting config auto_locate_in_tree to NO may help.  Set to yes, default setting, the tree will expand and highlight whatever you select in the window.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

Are you referring to the layers in the layer tree expanding or the dividing line that controls how much of the model tree vs layer tree keeps moving?

Either way I don't have this issue with the layer tree so there is likely a solution. I do not have the config that @kdirth suggested set either.

Is it that clicking on something the model tree makes it happen? Do you know specifically what click is making it happen?

Hi, yes, the separator between the two trees (Layer & model)  to keep the Layers tree minimized.

when I open a part / assembly it's expanded.  I minimize it.  I then work & such, and it pops back up at some point, covering the model tree..

Not sure what I do to get it to pop back up, as I'm working, not trouble shooting Creo..  maybe after a save?  or a re-gen?  I tend to flip between parts as I work.  So, at some point coming back to a part, I notice it's maximized..

Top Tags