cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

how to use manufacturing parameter into design table

HARSHVARDHANPAN
1-Newbie

how to use manufacturing parameter into design table

my main objective is to show the machining cost into design template

In manufacturing module i made 9 different assembly, i make the relation to find out the machining time and setup the perameter = maching_cost now i want link those parameter which i has made in assembly to design template in design table.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

The machining time that PRO/man outputs is notoriously inaccurate. Machines rapid feedrates, accel decel settings, and setup times would all vary widely from job to job. I hope you can accomplish your goal just be aware that machining time is not a dead on accurate number it is a simple calculation based on the feedrates in your program. I would certainly pad the numbers 20-30% higher.

I wish they would make them more accurate in a future release. Most other CAM systems (even low end ones) that I've used allow you to enter such things and Accel and Decel for both the spindle and the axes, as well as rotation speeds for A & B axes. For such a high end software I'm shocked that they haven't incorporated this.

Is this a variation of your question in post "how to add part's relation with manufacturing relation"

http://communities.ptc.com/thread/54156?tstart=0 or do you mean drawing template?

If you mean the template part, then I see no way to link the parameter from the manufacturing, as the design part to be machined, needs to exist, before the manufacturing can be created, which contains the parameter.

Top Tags