cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

mechanism of screw threads

pradeepaswani
1-Newbie

mechanism of screw threads

hi all I want to Know how to define a connection of screw threads.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

You can use a gear connection in Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 5.0 to convert a rotation into a linear move

I model all of my threads with a helical swept cut using the actual thread dims for major/minor rott width etc.. If you do this you can create a curve at the pitch diameter on the male and female thread (ill assume you can figure this out). Then I create a point on one of the curves. Create a slot connection with the point and the curve. Works like a charm.

Clever solution, Paul! Also note that, outside of the Mechanism and Connection realm (using regular assembly constraints), you can write a Relation that controls a rotational constraint value based on a mate offset value to give you realistic positioning.
Top Tags