cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

modeling radial ratchet teeth on round part with tooth profile having ramp to 90 degree face

daiglt1
1-Newbie

modeling radial ratchet teeth on round part with tooth profile having ramp to 90 degree face

I need help modeling a tooth profile on a round part that in the end would interact with a mating part to provide a ratcheting in one direction and not allowed to spin in opposite direction. This would look like a saw tooth more or less with a ramp to a 90 degree drop to the next tooth. Theramps need to be cut into the round part radially. I haven't modeled difficult profiles in over three years so I am looking for anyone that may have a solution! Thanks to anyone that can assist. I am using WF 5.0.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Tom,

Do you have an example of the featuresyou are attempting to create?

Dean

Create the cut using a sketch that looks much like the pawl. You'll want the orientation for the sketch to be a datum plane set at an angle to an existing plane and passing through the part axis. Sketch the pawl-alike and make the cut. You can pattern the cut using the angle, or the rotate-copy command.

The pawl-alike should have the same contact face as the real pawl, but should have enough relief to allow the real pawl to drop all the way in.

Even if it's not exactly what you want to begin with, it should put you close enough to see how to get what you want.

Top Tags