cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

multiple axis pattern angles for a target feature

erv
4-Participant
4-Participant

multiple axis pattern angles for a target feature

I am using Creo Parametric 4.0 M040

Question regarding the axis pattern function. Is there a way to enter multiple angles for a target feature (or group of features) or is the function limited to multiple placements of just one angle?
6 REPLIES 6
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:erv)

Everything I've ever seen seems to indicate that you're only allowed a single angular pattern pitch. Something along the lines of a combination table/axis pattern doesn't exist, as far as I know. If someone knows differently, I'm eager to hear how to do it.

kdirth
20-Turquoise

If you create the first feature based on a radial dimension about the axis, you can use pattern by table to enter any values that you want for the angle dimension.

kdirth_0-1625055315273.png

There is always more to learn in Creo.
erv
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:kdirth)

thank you for the tip.  It certainly works for a feature that can be dimensioned from the axis (where the sketching plain of the feature is perpendicular to the to the axis).  I was not aware of the technique.  But the case I'm working with the feature's sketching plain parallels the pattern's axis so I am unable to create the angle demission (at least I have not figured out a way). 

See screen shot below:

In the below screenshot, is the axis of the extrude feature I am attempting to pattern.

axispatternreplacementpost.jpg

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Looks like you are creating a feature that needs to follow an existing set of features.

Are the original features patterned?

Can you create the secondary features using references to the original?

If you can the secondary feature with pattern as a reference pattern.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
erv
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:kdirth)

the existing is not a pattern.  It is a single extrude 

pausob
18-Opal

Excuse me for assuming, but I think you are starting to use Creo you don't know that you can construct datum features by "chaining" multiple datum features?  Also, these datums can be absorbed into the feature by simply dragging them into the feature in the model tree.

This is related to the concept of "datum on the fly" - where one builds these internal datums during the feature creation.

For example:

Datum "3" parallel to Central axisDatum "3" parallel to Central axis

Datum "3" is offset from datum "2"

Datum "2" is perpendicular to datum "1" and through "Axis-Centre"

Datum "1" is through "Axis-Centre" and at an angle to FRONT plane 

Note that "1" and "2" can then be absorbed into datum "3" (select "1" and "2" in the model tree and drag onto "3"):

pausob_1-1625178386958.png

In your case, you can absorb all the datums into the feature you are patterning and then their controlling dimensions (e.g. the clocking angle) become available for defining the placement of instances:

pausob_0-1625182701859.png

Hope this helps.  Good luck, and I encourage you to read the help files and see if your company can provide you with training.  These community forums are also very good resource.  Without these, using Creo can be a frustrating experience for new users.

Top Tags