cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

n-sided surfaces (select a curve section??)

MaksLinden
5-Regular Member

n-sided surfaces (select a curve section??)

Good day!
Can you please tell me how to select a curve to create
n - sided surface?? (pic.01).
By default, it selects the entire length of the curve, which does not suit me.
ProE 3.0

3 REPLIES 3
Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:MaksLinden)

Assuming it CAN only pick a short portion of a curve or edge, turn off your pre-highlighting and use the Old School (and superior) "query-select" method, and it'll allow you to pick just a part of the curve.  n-sided meshes are great features, but tricky to use (clunky interface), and even trickier to set edge conditions (tangency, etc.).

Best of luck!

I think I am correct in saying you cannot pick the curve in the way you wish to. With this N-sided surface feature all your curves needed to trimmed (made the correct length) in advance. Each curve picked must be a single entity so it maybe be necessary to create approximate curves in advance so there are no internal vertices along it's length, only the ends. Your curves can be picked in any order but the system does't necessarily keep this order if my memory serves me correctly. Its been a while since i had cause to use this feature but i have had some very good results with it in the past, its just a nightmare to work with & not in keeping with the latest interface, all menu driven, which is a great shame because this is one of Creo's best kept secrets. In fact, i bet most users don't even realise this tool exists.

John 

MaksLinden
5-Regular Member
(To:John.Pryal)

When combining surfaces, it separates the edges of these surfaces. After this, it is possible to select edges to create a surface with 5 sides.
Top Tags