cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

objects are locked in creo

Sandy7
11-Garnet

objects are locked in creo

Hi there,

one of my users is opening any assembly or part is having locked symbol in the model tree. and this is happening each time he opens any CAD. is there any problem in his installation?

see attachment.

creo version- 7.0.2.0

br,

sandy

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Sandy7)

The user needs to check that setting as it can be set at various levels. Since others are not seeing that behavior, it is probably not set at the Site, Organization or Product Context level. Which leaves user level.

In Windchill on the right of the screen is a Quick Links button. Then select My Settings and Preferences. Scroll down to Workspace and open, then open Add to Workspace and Checkout. Look at the setting for: Automatically Lock All Objects Added To Workspace. It should be set to No as the default. The context column will tell you where it is modified at.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Native filing or Windchill?

Windchill has a setting that will lock all files added to a workspace. Did that user set it in their user preferences?

he adding the objects into woekspace then opeing in creo. how to check that preference?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

The user needs to check that setting as it can be set at various levels. Since others are not seeing that behavior, it is probably not set at the Site, Organization or Product Context level. Which leaves user level.

In Windchill on the right of the screen is a Quick Links button. Then select My Settings and Preferences. Scroll down to Workspace and open, then open Add to Workspace and Checkout. Look at the setting for: Automatically Lock All Objects Added To Workspace. It should be set to No as the default. The context column will tell you where it is modified at.

hi @BenLoosli ,

i didn't know, it was set to all.

In workspace we need to select the CAD>file>unlock.

thanks,

sandy

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags