cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

optimizing spring rate with wildfire 4

hubenduben
1-Newbie

optimizing spring rate with wildfire 4

hello

i am trying to let wildfire optimize a spring rate with the optimization tool

the problem:

i would like to find a springrate for a mechanism.

a force A is forcing the mechanism to move.

a distance B should be reached.

the tool is optimizing something, but the result are not as expected

i would like to find wildfire a springrate for the force A and distance B

what i did:

i created a meassure for the distance

i created a parameter (feature parameter) for the spring (>spring_stiffness)

i created a paremeter springrate

i created a relation to steer the parameter spring_stiffness. (spring_stiffness:fid_featurenumber=springrate)

i went back to application standard and created a analysis feature (dont know how its called in english) (>insert/model relation?) for the distance
i did a optimization wich was: change the paramter springrate and get distance to B
the optimization did find a value for the springrate, but with this springrate the distance is not B its about 10% more.
the real model is much more complex but i created a very simple model wich should show the same.
thanks for any help

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

i solved the problem by switching to proE2001 mechanika motion.

Top Tags