cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

part number in multiple sheet drawing

thlavinka
1-Newbie

part number in multiple sheet drawing

Hello,

I use multiple sheet drawings and would like to automate part numbers on all sheets according to a relation in parts and subassemblies (the part number must be same on each sheet).

I made this relation: part_number="415-"+rel_model_name:1+"-12"

Is there some way to fix the underscored number to remain always 1?

Thanx in advance

Tom

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:thlavinka)

One other thought somewhat off the original question. You might consider using the drawing name instead of the model name. Just a thought, it really depends on exactly what you are trying to accomplish.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite

1 is the session id of whatever assembly you are using. could you explain more about what you want in the end exactly?

In each subassembly and part drawing sheet i want to have the same as on the first sheet (what is a top assembly) it means 415-"+rel_model_name:1+"-12 where the rel_model_name is the model name of top assembly.

mender
6-Contributor

What is it that you want to be same?  Is it 'the text in a note in a particular table cell in the title block part of my format'?  (That's my best guess right now.)  Or something else?

yes, right that..

mender
6-Contributor

Sounds good.  So I'd say your title block in your template drawing or format contains "415-{0:&DWG_TOP_MODEL_NAME}-12" (or depending on your intent for future drawings, "&DWG_TOP_MODEL_SHOWN" with a relation constructing param dwg_top_model_shown from dwg_top_model_name.

For bonus points, you can drive this parameter in the drawing from a parameter in the solid.  From Creo 2 M150 or Creo 3 M040, you can put the syntax 'DWG_TOP_MODEL_NAME:D = REL_MODEL_NAME:MDL' in your Drawing Program in your template drawing, not needing to have a solid model yet, and it will link to the first solid model you put in the drawing.  In these builds and later (this is when ':MDL' is introduced), you can also put this directly in the table in the template, as "415-{0:&REL_MODEL_NAME:MDL}-12".

Thanks Matthew

My creo version is Creo 2.M120.

Since i am not good at relations can you please describe exactly what destinaation to put each relation in?

- "415-{0:&DWG_TOP_MODEL_NAME}-12"  to the drawing format - that is clear

theese two relations i am not sure

- "&DWG_TOP_MODEL_SHOWN"

- dwg_top_model_shown from dwg_top_model_name

Thanks a lot

mender
6-Contributor

Exact syntax is difficult when it isn't clear what exactly you're looking for, like whether the '415-' and the '-12' will vary between different sets of drawings.  If you don't want to deal with relations, you should probably do the '90% value with 10% effort' approach and just have the note have a callout of the drawing parameter, and fill in the parameter manually once for each (however-many-sheets) drawing.

the '415-' and the '-12' will never vary.

here is an example: the top assembly model name is 473-1111 and desired drawing number should be 415-473-1111-12

StephenW
23-Emerald II

If your drawing file name is 415-473-1111-12.drw, you can use &dwg_name to get that output.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

One other thought somewhat off the original question. You might consider using the drawing name instead of the model name. Just a thought, it really depends on exactly what you are trying to accomplish.

How simple, thank you Stephen

It is enough to use the syntax like 415-&dwg_name-12 in dwg format

kdirth
20-Turquoise

I sometimes run into the same issue.  I have found that you need to ensure the active model in the sheet is the correct model needed for the title block when the format is added/updated.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

I just need to ensure that all sheets have the same title name and number as the first sheet (top assembly) no matter whether it is a subasm drawing, part drawing, scheme,...

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Put a relation in your drawing file then use your new drawing name for the drawing sheets.

Sheet_Number = '415-'+&dwg_name+'-12'

Then use Sheet_Number on all drawing sheets for the part number and all sheets will be the same.

Top Tags