cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

projecting curves on to surafce edges.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

projecting curves on to surafce edges.

In Creo2 can you project curves on to surface edges (or extents)? Or do you need the mold design package for that?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
10 REPLIES 10
Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:Inoram)

silhouette edge that is...

silh-edge.JPG

James62
10-Marble

In Trim feature, on the dashboard menu, there is a trim by silhouette option where you can then set a triming direction.

The direction reference should be a trimming object such as a datum plane, once you select the datum plane such as your parting plane then you will be able to select this silhouette option.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:James62)

Ah thank you, that does work, not as quick but it does work.

I would use a DXF from a drawing. Drawing views have silhouette edges nicely defined. You can bring the DXF back into your model as curves.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Interesting, I just started to try that and.....

dxf-yo.JPG

I'm also not sure at the moment how I was going to line it back up to the model, but i didn't get a chnance to try, lol.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

That was an interesting question but the answer is pretty simple. The origin for the imported DXF from a drawing is the border's 0,0. The drawings X,Y is how it lines up with the specified coordinate system in the model. You can specify the CSYS you want the "object: curve from file" to be oriented too. Therefore, it is all about how you set up the view on the page. You can set the origin feature and specify the origin location on the drawing. Also remember to turn off the border before exporting the DXF.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:TomD.inPDX)

I didn't get back to this, project got put on hold and I am backlogged with other stuff, so I moved on. But I understand what you are saying, thanks for that. I'll probably end up buying the mold design package. It will help me in a bunch of other ways, too. It's just so damn expensive.

I love the phrase “Please send the traceback.log file to Technical Support”.

It seems that they know nothing about how to deal with these files and usually ignore them.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:Vladimir_G)

Yeah I couldn't find a simple and easy way to "send it". It appears maybe opening a case is the way? But I gave up before trying that. But if anyone knows please let me know.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

I suspect the traceback log is only good for the engineer trying to debug a consistent and repeatable crash condition. It is certainly not the only file you need to send to support.

And yes, Matt, when you create a support case, you can go back into the case and attach files after you created the support case. Seems a silly way to do things.

Top Tags