cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

restricted parameter not updating

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

restricted parameter not updating

We have made some changes to the Restricted_Parameter file and restarted Creo. It reads the new file but when we go to update the restricted list, Creo says the list is already up to date and no update is done. Has anyone else experienced this bug?

I did a search of the knowledgebase and found this CS article, but it says no plans to fix in Creo 7, 8 or 9.

Article - CS342973 - Restricted parameters do not update when select Tools and select Update Restriction Definition in Parameter Window in Creo Parametric (ptc.com)

We are on Creo 7.0.10.0. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

I found the issue.

IT changed the drive mapping and so the file was not being loaded. Changed the config.pro to point to the right file location and all is good now.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I think I've run into this a few times in the past. Have you tried deleting and recreating the parameter? I know it's not an ideal option but I've had success with it. You could also try setting a new value for the parameter before updating the restriction definition. 

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS62021 

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

I found the issue.

IT changed the drive mapping and so the file was not being loaded. Changed the config.pro to point to the right file location and all is good now.

Oh, those IT folks. I had a memorable day (which turned into a week) some years back where they renamed our server and didn't tell anyone. It was a delightful cornucopia of troubles. What fun.

Top Tags